What is IDEA-Prevención?
Welcome to IDEA-Prevención, a Specialized System on drug abuse
IDEA-Prevención has a professional team dedicated to identifying,
reviewing and selecting the most relevant scientific and technical information
about theoretical models, policies, programmes and activities referred
Throughout a continuous
search and actualisation, IDEA-Prevención offers you a rapid and
selective access to the most recent information available in the international
scenario. This reduces the time and resources you invest in being updated.
IDEA-Prevention works as an interactive System that allows you to
receive as well as send information.
- drug abuse prevention
- drug related harm
- drug demand reduction
- healthy lifestyles
- risk and protective
- high effective
interventions in the field
The main users of the System are:
IDEA-Prevención offers you the following services:
- Professionals and teams with a wide experience in the
implementation of prevention programmes
- Professionals and teams new in the field
- Research teams interested in the study of preventive
- Education, social and health services professionals
- Documentation specialists and librarians professionals
- Teams working in youth and/or community information
- IDEA-Prevención bulletin. This bulletin is a
biannual publication that informs about prevention programmes, publications
and specialised materials as well as a selection of published studies
in scientific magazines of the international sphere.
- Data Base on the programmes compiled at the Network.
All the programmes included in the System are available in a Data Base
accessible to all the Net users for several types of consult. The basic
data about the programmes is available on-line.
- Specialised Documentation Centre on Prevention "CDOC".
The CDOC offers you a selection of books, magazines, research
studies, non-published documents, and multimedia materials. Consultations
to the "CDOC" can be made via telephone, fax or electronic mail,
visit to the centre premises (by appointment), and through this website.
To suscribe to the bulletin and the other services of IDEA-Prevención, please
For more information you may contact us at:
Who administers IDEA-Prevención?
The organisation that manages IDEA-Prevención is the Centre of Studies
on Health Promotion (Centro de Estudios sobre Promoción de la Salud -CEPS),
based in Madrid, Spain.
CEPS is a non governmental and non profit organisation, that specialises
in the development of services of new implementation in the health and welfare
sphere. It was funded in January 1989, and it was recognised as a public
utility organisation in 1997 (Ministerio del Interior, Orden de 20 de Marzo
CEPS started working on the Spanish drug abuse field at the end of
the 80s, offering new services in a field which, at that moment, required
different and new answers to the existing necessities in the drug preventive
and assistance areas.
CEPS focuses on the research and development of new interventions
which facilitate and promote:
- The adoption of healthy lifestyles amongst different
sectors of the population.
- The promotion of better life conditions for the community.
- The development of health promotion and welfare policies.
- The opening of new social spaces that allow social
advances in the heath promotion and the improvement of life conditions
To reach this objectives
CEPS has specialised in:
- The development
of the relevant research on health promotion and welfare.
- The realisation of viability studies, implementation
and administration of leading services in newly developed fields. For
example: populations on health and/or social risk attention, services
for the elderly, labour setting programmes, etc.
- The development of digital information systems and
the creation of specialised networks in the field.
- The utilisation of new technologies in the field of
- The edition and dissemination of key scientific information
amongst key professionals, teams and mediators in the health and welfare
- The implementation of programmes focused on training
and qualifying professionals and key social mediators in the health
promotion and welfare fields. These programmes can be implemented either
of these two ways: presential and distance (on-line). These are normally
developed in collaboration with universities, public institutions and